Purdy Bird is a fun quilt pattern that comes together quickly despite the fact that it is a mixed bag of quilting techniques. Drunkard’s path and paper pieced blocks are accented with easy applique shapes that are like the icing on a cake. All required cutting templates are provided, as well as a coloring page, to help you make your own custom Purdy Bird quilt.
Be sure to share your version of the #purdybirdquilt on Instagram!
Finished Quilt Size: Approximately 56" x 56".
This 34-page instant downloadable digital pattern includes:
- Detailed instructions and illustrations for piecing and quilt assembly
- Yardage requirements chart
- Background cutting chart
- A brief explanation of the starch applique method
- Paper piecing and appliqué templates needed for the quilt pattern
- A coloring page to help you with color and fabric placement
- Links for favorite appliqué tips/techniques
- Freezer Paper*
- Spray Starch* for starch appliqué
- Applique glue (washable)
- Mini-iron* (for starch applique, if desired)
- Coarse-bristle paintbrush
- Invisible Thread
- Ashtray or small bowl
- Light Box (if available)
- Appliqué Templates, provided
- Printer / Paper
*Preferred appliqué method determines supplies needed.
For inspiration and other tutorials, visit my website at www.campbellsoupdiary.com
For questions or additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
Share your creations under the #flyhighdragonflyquilt hashtag, and be sure to tag me at @campbell_soup_diary